Social Media in small communities

langtoontimes@hotmail.co.uk

Social Media in small communities

Postby langtoontimes@hotmail.co.uk » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Does anyone else find that a smaller community seems to use Facebook as the go to place for locals?

Although there have been reports of Facebook usage slowing down, I am still finding that in my local community Facebook is the best option to get information. Has anyone else found that?

news@alittlebitofstone.com

Re: Social Media in small communities

Postby news@alittlebitofstone.com » Tue May 02, 2017 9:14 am

For us social media is by far our biggest driver. It brings us stories, allows users to interact with our community and allows us to easily reach our audience when we post new content.

Liam @ TheSelebian

Postby Liam @ TheSelebian » Thu May 11, 2017 12:45 pm

I'll second that. It really pays to keep on top of any local facebook groups that discuss your patch. Also worth setting up a search filter in tweetdeck to catch any references on twitter too.

Great place to pick up any pictures that people have taken while witnessing a newsworthy event in the area - just remember to ask and credit the
user first!

For promotion, you can't beat Facebook. Growing your number of likes and engaging with those who comment is starting to pay off for us.

The downside is that the bounce rate is much higher for people that come to us by clicking links on social media.

langtoontimes@hotmail.co.uk

Postby langtoontimes@hotmail.co.uk » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Good to hear I am not the only one finding this. Thanks for that.