Greetings from the far north...

editor@insidemoray.co.uk

Greetings from the far north...

Postby editor@insidemoray.co.uk » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:10 am

Hi All

Stuart Crowther, editor of http://www.insideMoray.news and so captain of the one-man-does-all operation based in Lossiemouth, Moray.

Just released our first Apps for IOS and Android in the last few weeks - been wanting to do that for a couple of years. Also a major development is that following a meeting with the Chief Executive of Moray Council, my site is no longer being treated as a 'bandit' by the PR Department.

insideMoray came about when, after a miserably failed attempt to become a Councillor, I found myself missing my old job with Scottish Television as a community editor on their 'hyperlocal' news sites up here (I quit to run for the Council, they closed my sites down - then lost with the punishment a job with our MP and MSP or the road. Eventually, I chose the road.....)

Pushing out an average of nine news and features each day to an audience that peaked at 150,000 last month, [page requests generated just short of 1million] so guess we are doing quite well considering Moray's population is just under 100,000 :)

Good to have somewhere to go and swap ideas, good practice, moans......

Stu

MattAbbott

Re: Greetings from the far north...

Postby MattAbbott » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:17 am

Welcome to the Forum, Stu.
Would love to pick your brains about the new app.
Shall we arrange to have a chat in the near future?
Thanks
Matt

editor@insidemoray.co.uk

Re: Greetings from the far north...

Postby editor@insidemoray.co.uk » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi Matt

Sure - early next week suits.

Very simple App that was developed using WPAPP.NINJA Wordpress add-on - keeps all the controls within the WP control panel. Cost of publishing came in at circa £150 for both Android and iOS - Android was all done in an hour, iOS took a fair bit longer!

S