Hello from DN8

Thorne Times

Hello from DN8

Postby Thorne Times » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Hello everyone.

My name is Melvin Wake and I'm the Editor of the Thorne Times, as well as a director of its publishing company, Wake Up Media Ltd.

Thorne Times is a monthly free sheet which covers Thorne (Doncaster, S. Yorks) and the surrounding area. We mainly cover two postcode areas within Doncaster, DN7 and DN8, although we go out to a couple of other villages too. The newspaper is backed by a website along with two social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter).

We distribute around 18,500 copies of the newspaper, with around 17,200 of those going direct into homes. Average pagination of the paper has grown from 48 pages to 76/80 pages and has been published in the in half-berliner format. From January 2018 we will be moving to tabloid.

We are now into our fifth year, having published our first edition in September 2013. We started out with one full time member of staff (a director) and one part-time, and now have four full time members of staff and one part-time (myself and my fellow director included).